Monday, May 3, 2010

Works in Progress


Here's what I started today and I must admit I'm undecided as to what I should do to bring these to a finish.  With all three of these little pieces (7 x 5" on Pastelbord), I'm using the same palette, even though the subjects are different - I guess I'm a bit of a value painter.  However, I do love the sets of ops for portrait, landscape and still life - as far as I know, Sennelier is the only company making them at present.  Holbein used to make them and may still make the landscape ones, but years ago, they produced a portrait set that was wonderful!  When I first purchased it, I was sure there were too many yellows in it.  Not true!  It was excellent and I think I still have the little boxes the ops came in, with the labels of colors.  If I do, I will report in a future post.
Thanks for stopping by the OP Review!

2 comments:

Melanie Rawlings said...

How wonderful to come across your blog! i have been looking for a oil pastel blog. I paint with too, and mix with watercolour!
Your paintings are great!!

Peggy Feltmate said...

I hope you come across the little boxes! That would be interesting!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.