Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lily - original oil pastel portrait painting

Here's a very quick portrait on luscious Colourfix paper.  The actual drawing probably only occupies half the paper, so I would say it's about 9 x 6".  It's always tempting to cover the whole thing, but I do like to see a bit of the black paper peeking through.  This was mostly done with Sennelier and some Caran d'Ache.  There are some blues and blue-greens that only seem to be made by Caran d'Ache.  I'm obsessed with them - gorgeous, gorgeous colors.
  I just scribbled this one, not really thinking how it would turn out - in other words, I didn't have a plan  - which works out best in a case like this, where I had the model for such a short time.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Love the colors in this portrait, Connie. I agree with your assessment of the CD blues. some are luscious.
Thanks for doing this blog on oil pastel.

Connie said...

Hi Patricia - thanks for stopping by and for your comment. Nice hearing from you!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.