Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Red Slip - original oil pastel figurative painting


I got a lot of green in her skin - more of a yellow-green.  As much as I love green, I may have overdone it.  Anyway, decided not to change it.  This painting is 7 x 5" on Pastelbord.  Just a fun little thing.
As promised awhile back, I am going through stuff and found one container of the old Holbein portrait set - there were five colors in each little plastic holder.  The one I found today was the five values of Hansa yellow (I think).  Is 5A Hansa yellow in Holbein - I think it is.  That's not surprising, but there were other containers that had a variety of colors that were great for portraits, but that I wouldn't necessarily associate with portraits.  I'm determined to find them and will share as soon as I do.  Also, I found a place that SAYS it has Holbein oil pastel portrait sets.  I'm going to give them a call and will let you know the results.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.