Monday, November 22, 2010

Julia - original oil pastel miniature portrait painting

This is a 3.5 x 2.5" artist trading card painting done with an unshsarpened oil pastel on Coulourfix paper. With that sort of blunt point, I never know exactly where the mark will be made, and I enjoy that.  Live dangerously, I say. Right now I'm in London and will be sketching at the National Gallery today, but not, alas, with oil pastel.  I miss them - they are my favorite medium - but just brought some less messy General's Primo charcoal pencils with me.  Charcoal is usually messy, too, but in pencil form, it's easier to control.  So, no more oil pastel until I get home next week.  Check out the tiny oil pastel I did on my other blog.  Thanks so much for looking!

No comments:

Working on a Portrait - oil pastel WIP

Here's another one that's not quite finished, although a lot closer to the finish that the one on my   Daily Painter blog .   I&#...