Saturday, December 4, 2010

On My Easel - portrait in progress


 
This is still in the sketch stage, where I am just feeling my way.  Maybe I'll continue with this, or possibly begin anew.  But I love the combination of colors with her red hair, so I will undoubtedly spend more time on this portrait.  Next thing is to get the model back!  The black Colourfix paper (12 x 9") is wonderful for oil pastels - the pastels can be layered one upon another and produce a sort of glow, it seems to me.  And the little bits of black gritty surface that show through. I love it!!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sheila Vaughan said...

I didn't know you had this other blog Connie. It's so nice to see one devoted to oil pastel and I'm learning a lot in browsing through it, not just in use of the pastels but in surfaces etc. Never tried pastelbord for instance.

Connie said...

Hi Sheila - glad you stopped by and hope you'll come back. Pastelbord is really great - give it a try - I think you'll really like it.

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...