Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lisa's Juicy Novel - original oil pastel figurative painting

I was happy to get to draw this young woman as she read and she really did love this book -
she seldom looked up. Of course, it wasn't a long pose, so not too difficult for her. I used lots of Sennelier (sticky, gooey, and wonderful) oil pastels and worked very quickly, as you can probably tell. Lots of scribbling. I did this on a 7 x 5" Pastelbord.
Peggy asked a few posts ago about framing. I've probably tried them all. Lately, I've been experimenting with shadowbox frames that I bought on line at http://www.pictureframes.com/ - which, theoretically, should work. However, like many theories, it's not working perfectly. If the glass or plexi isn't exactly the right size, it will rattle. So annoying - but once it's on the wall, that shouldn't matter. I do sort of worry, though, that at a competition, it could make a difference. Do any visitors to The Oil Pastel Review have any recommendations for framing oil pastel?
I often frame works done on paper with a trough, too, but am always looking for something that won't require a mat. Thank you so much for stopping by - it's always nice to have you visit my blog!

No comments:

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.