Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Little Leoda - original oil pastel portrait

This portrait is done on black Colourfix paper - nice and gritty. It's 12 x 9" and mostly done with Sennelier, but also with some Caran d'Ache and Holbein. A fun little drawing that I enjoyed doing. I just bought some more of the Caran d'Ache lime and turquoise greens, plus some more blues, greys and flesh tones of this brand that I simply cannot do without. Yum! Can't wait to get started - hope you will check back to see what's posted in a couple of days.
Also have a new supply of Colourfix. As much as I love Pastelbord, I'm still experimenting with framing techniques. Any readers with ideas on this? I'd love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Last Cup Of Coffee said...

beautiful!

JanettMarie said...

Hmm... framing techniques, for oil pastel... hmmm
I'll get back to you, I worked in a frame shop for 8 years... hmmm let me think

Connie said...

Thank you, Myra - I'm so glad you stopped by!

Connie said...

Wow, JanettMarie - that would be great! I think everyone would love to hear your ideas - framing is tough for so many of us - me included!

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...