Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nude Sketch - original oil pastel nude sketch




I was trying out my Sennelier "Nature" oil pastels. Have y'all tried these? I bought them a few months ago from Daniel Smith and they were pretty pricey, but interesting. They're made with only natural pigments and although they look so dark, they have some lovely colors, which you can see in the marks I made next to the sketch.
This pose is from a life drawing that I did years ago and I've done a few drawings and paintings based on it. It's one of my favorites - I just adore standing poses. The paper is Strathmore 403, which I always come back to because of the way oil pastel just melts onto the surface. I LOVE it! Thank you so much for stopping by!





No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...