Friday, May 27, 2011

Sketch of Cary - original oil pastel portrait drawing/painting

A difficult pose - the frontal view.  See - I'm already making excuses.  I did this one on 12 x 9" Sennelier Carte d'Art, which I've learned to love.  At first, I thought it was too "bumpy", but I've come to enjoy the rough surface and it's heavy enough that the oil doesn't come through.  No way.  It's great!Thanks so much for stopping by - and check out the oil pastel sketch I'm getting ready to post on Hackberry Street Studio.

2 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Connie,
Very lovely work! In watercolour, I do&try exactly the same like your "About The Oil Pastel Review."
I have lots of oil pastels for birthday gifts from friends. Yet, I'm not familiar how to use them all. Keep up wonderful work and show us how to use them.
Kind regards, Sadami

Connie said...

Thank you so much, Sadami - I appreciate your nice comment. Maybe I'll work on a little tutorial on how to use oil pastels. Thanks again for visiting my blog!

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...