Monday, May 9, 2011

Sketch of a Reader - original oil pastel figurative drawing

Done quickly and with little attention to detail - my favorite M.O. - well, there's a little detail in the face, but the rest is sketchy.   I seem to draw a lot of readers.  They're still - the first requirement for a model - and even though I tell them that I'm drawing them, they are relaxed and pay little attention to me.  But I still have to work quickly, because they are likely to change positions.  For this drawing, I used 11 x 14" Strathmore 403 pastel paper.  I will always love it and think it's really my all-time favorite surface.  They way the pastels melt onto it - ahhhh.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...