Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gail's Job - original oil pastel figurative painting

This little picture, about 9 1/2 x 5", was actually part of a larger experiment, with a couple sitting at the table behind her.  But they just didn't belong, so I removed them.  The paper I used is Sennelier Carte d'Art, which I formerly didn't like because of the white that shows through.  I've found, though, that it's just one of the charms of oil pastel and using this paper gives a looser appearance that I favor.   Still, even though I like the paper a lot, I do a lot of blending with my fingers so that there are some fairly smooth areas.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...