Tuesday, July 5, 2011

More Works in Progress - original oil pastel figuratives on my easel


I know what you're thinking:  "This woman never finishes anything!"  Actually, I do finish things.  But I just wanted to share the results of my on-going framing experiment with you, so I just threw in a couple of things I'm working on to get your attention. 
In looking for a shadowbox frame for oil pastel, (so no mat cutting), I found wood frames at Frame USA that are really nice.  I framed a small 10 x 8" oil pastel painting for a collector this past week and she was very pleased with the results - and so was I!
Re the works above, I am trying in the first one to get shapes done first and the second one is a labor of love, because it has my wonderful doggie, Roger, in it.  Actually, he's my assistant and dear friend, as well.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...