Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kind of Witchy - original oil pastel portrait sketch

I made this poor model look pretty ugly, but somehow, I got started and just couldn't stop.   If she sees this, I hope she can forgive me.  Models, though, are used to seeing things done to them that people who aren't professional models wouldn't appreciate.  I love models.  Without them, there wouldn't be very many figure drawings, portraits, etc., so I am one of their biggest fans!
This piece is about 9 x 7" on black Stonehenge - a wonderful surface.  It's seems smooth, but has enough tooth to grab the oil pastel.
For more of my oil pastels and other work, please visit my "other" blog, Hackberry Street Studio.  Thanks so much for visiting The Oil Pastel Review.

No comments:

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.