Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blue Purse - original oil pastel figurative drawing

I didn't realize how it's long been since I posted to this blog.  Shame on me!  I've just been really busy painting for other things - shows, galleries, etc. - and I've neglected one of my favorite endeavors, which is using and promoting oil pastels.
In this piece, I was trying to leave lines and not totally cover everything.  This one is on 7 x 5" Pastelbord and it was done with a Sennelier portrait set.  I could have "finished" it more completely, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it, because I was striving for looseness in this little piece.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...