Monday, January 23, 2012

The Letter - original oil pastel portrait in progress

I'm working on this painting and I don't really know how it's going to turn out.  The background is one of my problems with this piece - I may use a blending stick on it, so it's more even.  Do y'all use blending sticks?  I do once in a while and I think this may be one of those times!  Also, I think I should work on her lashes - they look fake and the model didn't have on any extra lashes.  These things aren't ever obvious to me 'til I take a picture.
Thanks for stopping by - hope you're all off to a great start in the New Year!

2 comments:

Angela Recada said...

Your oil pastel work is gorgeous. I haven't done much with them yet, but really look forward to using them more soon. I had never heard of them until I purchased that wonderful book by John Elliot a few years ago.

I'm so happy to find your blog. It's been a wonderful inspiration.

Connie said...

Thank you so much, Angela, for your nice comment. I am thrilled to hear from you - have fun with your oil pastels!

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...