Wednesday, February 8, 2012

On My Easel - beginnings of work on Caroline's Back

Okay, I know her ear is kind of big, but I'll get that fixed, along with most other things.  I just LOVE this pose - kind of secret, you know?  Anyway, that's how I see it.  It's one of those drawings that needs work, but shouldn't be overworked.  Ah, the plight of the artist - when to stop?!  The support is dark green Canson pastel board, which has only the textured side of the paper and which I love.  Something about that texture keeps me loose.  How's everybody doing with the oil pastels?  Let me know - I adore them and really like to hear how it's working for y'all.  Thanks for stopping by.  PS. If this drawing works out, I'll post it again when it's finished.

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...