Saturday, March 17, 2012

Turning - original oil pastel ACEO - ATC figurative painting

This blog is my special place for sharing my experiments with you - and here's another one.  Two things I was fooling around with here - the movement of the head, and the warm green with red flowers on it.  You for sure have to imagine a lot with this one, but it's somehow so satisfying for me.  I did this on illustration board - the little 3.5 x 2.5" that is so much fun to work with and mostly used my gooey Senneliers.  Maybe I'll do another larger one, but it couldn't possibly be any more fun and intense for me than this was.  Thanks for letting me try this out on you!  Are any of you working on ACEOs?

2 comments:

Rose said...

I really like this, Connie! You did capture what you were trying to do! I love the small studies... though it's funny, I went from doing ACEOs and now moving up. I probably should get my pack of Colourfix tinies out and give it a go again!

Connie said...

Thank you Rose - I really appreciate your comment! Yes, those Colourfix ATCs are such fun - give them another try!

Working on a Portrait - oil pastel WIP

Here's another one that's not quite finished, although a lot closer to the finish that the one on my   Daily Painter blog .   I&#...