Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tiny Portrait of Jenna - oil pastel portrait ACEO

I love doing these little ACEOs - 3.5 x 2.5" - and it's fun to be loose and a little bit impressionistic.  Using unsharpened oil pastels could be considered a bit of torture, but it works marvelously in keeping things from being too tight.  Oil pastel is so painterly, I think, and extremely versatile.  It's perfect for drawings, of course, but also great for layering, even very thickly, as a painting.  Thanks so much for dropping by!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love the style in this portrait , could very well be an oil , the looseness is fabulous.

Connie said...

Thank you so much, Jane - I'm delighted you stopped by!

Working on a Portrait - oil pastel WIP

Here's another one that's not quite finished, although a lot closer to the finish that the one on my   Daily Painter blog .   I&#...