Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Another WIP - oil pastel portrait

Okay - I know there's a lot that needs to be done, but it is an experiment. Well, aren't they all?  I can never, ever tell myself that I'm 'now going to paint a masterpiece'.  That would be the absolute end of that project!  This work is on Canson board, 16 x 20".  It's really a light warm green, more like the marks around her head.  I don't know why the paper looks so dark.
Have you ever worked on Arches paper for oil?  I did a drawing today on a piece of that paper with R&F pigment sticks - the most wonderful oil sticks ever, but extremely oily - will see tomorrow how that worked out and will let you know.  I think the paper is wonderful, though, and I definitely plan to use it.  Thank you for stopping by my blog!

2 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

Lovely and so thoughtful.

Connie said...

Thank you so much, Ruth - thoughtful is exactly what I was after - very happy to hear this!

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...