Tuesday, July 10, 2012

WIP (as usual) - Girl in Striped Shirt

Although I'm also posting a WIP on my other blog tonight, The Oil Pastel Review has really become my think aloud blog.  Should I actually "finish" it?  I don't know - maybe faded versions of the stripes can complete the bottom of the drawing.  And I'm not totally convinced of my background choice.  More work ahead.  I'm totally open to opinions - don't be shy!
This drawing is done on Arches oil paper and it has worked wonderfully with my oil pastels - using 99% Senneliers, which are quite oily!  And I love the feel of the paper.  I'm constantly looking for surfaces that work well with oil pastels and this is another winner!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

I actually like the background, but would carry to the other side a little.

Connie said...

Hi Patricia and thank you - you are absolutely right -it would certainly give a more finished look and I will do that! Thanks again - glad you stopped by!

Rubén said...

Me gustó mucho tal como esta. Lleno de colores y un excelente dibujo.
Felicitaciones.

Connie said...

Thank you, Ruben.

Marie Fox said...

Gorgeous painting. Her face and hair are luminous and the stripes perfect.

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...