Friday, September 7, 2012

Sketch of a Girl - original oil pastel portrait sketch


This little sketch is done on ProArt 140 pound cold press watercolor paper, 5 x 7".  It works a lot like Sennelier Oil Pastel pad, which I just bought at Jerry's.  By that, I mean it's a rough paper and I think it's fun to simply allow the white bits to show through.  Howwever, I just painted a two stepping couple on Sennelier oil pastel paper that I first coated with grey acrylic, so that works, too.  That's one of the best things about oil pastel - it works on almost any surface.
I loved drawing the model in this sketch and I loved the chair - hope to see them both again!  Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...