Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Bit of Blue - original oil pastel portrait sketch

I feel kind of dishonest saying this is 'a portrait', because it's not anyone in particular.  I mean, it started out being someone on TV.  Then she moved and someone else came into view so she has that woman's nose, then another actress's lips, and so on.  I like to do that and sometimes it can be pretty interesting.  Just sort of whiling away the time.  Also, it was kind of dark and I wasn't sure which colors I was actually using - just knew they were approximately the right ones.  It's a good drawing exercise, I think, and what better to draw with than oil pastel?  This piece is on 7 x 5" Pastelbord.  Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Lucy Chen said...

I'm getting some oil pastels to play with next week or so, Connie.

Connie said...

That's great, Lucy - I'll be interested to hear how you like them!

Paintings by Patricia said...

It is a nice drawing, Connie and no matter that it is several people. It all works...

Last Cup Of Coffee said...

this is wonderful! i tried some oil pastels because of you! what fun!

Connie said...

Thank you, Patricia - I appreciate that!

Connie said...

Hi Myra - so glad to hear you tried the oil pastels - they are great, aren't they?

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.