Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fixing Her Shoe - original oil pastel figurative painting

 
Here's the finished product - I have a couple of sketches below of the model fixing her shoe.  I can imagine she's getting ready to go out tango dancing. 
I began with the sketch on gray Pastelbord, 10 x 8" and then after I had it well underway, I realized I had her left leg in the wrong position.  I wasn't seeing (the secret to accurate drawing).  So, after fiddling with it for awhile, I just left it in the 'wrong' position in the final version and I'm happy with it.  It would have been a really hard pose for her to hold for any length of time, but I took the pose, myself, later, and felt that the final pose is one that I would normally take for a brief time while I fixed my shoe, so I just let it stay the way it is.
I really love the look of the last sketch.  I'm basically a sketcher, because I feel that's where the reality is.  But one must go forward and do some more finished work.  Alas.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

Lucy Chen said...

Hi Connie, really enjoyed your post.

Connie said...

Thanks so much, Lucy - delighted to see you here!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.