Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On My Easel - original oil pastel figurative WIP

I'm going to work over every part of this painting, but I hadn't posted in awhile, so here's what I worked on today.  It's on 8 x 10" Pastelbord - I just bought several of these delicious supports - and I used mostly Sennelier.  The background needs to be less intrusive and the figures need much more work.  But I think I've captured the mood, so I'll try not to kill it as I work.   How are y'all doing with your oil pastels - anyone out there working with them a lot - or trying them out?  I'd love to hear your experiences.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Last Cup Of Coffee said...

this is beautiful! I need to try oil pastels!

Connie said...

Hi Myra - you really should - I'll bet you would love their versatility!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.