Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Little Smile - original oil pastel portrait

 
I've drawn this model several times and I never tire of her sweet demeanor.   This portrait is on Strathmore pastel pad No. 403 for oil pastel - 12 x 9".  I did this drawing several months ago to test the paper for oil seeping through - which it didn't.  And I used lots of oil pastel on it.  It's wonderful to work with and remains my 'go to' support for oil pastel. 
 
Also, do you use the oil pastel sharpeners?  I just love it when something is designated for oil pastel! And, last of all in tonight's rambling, I've been working on getting my oil pastels to be more impressionistic, so here's a try at it:

I know, weird, but one must start somewhere.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Lucy Chen said...

Connie, your model is sweet! and your drawing too!

Paintings by Patricia said...

Lovely portrait, Connie and you have captured her sweetness.
Oil pastel sharpeners???Where do you get these?

Connie said...

Thank you, Lucy - you're right, this model had such a sweet look and a nice disposition, as well.

Connie said...

Hi Patricia and thank you! I got these at Daniel Smith, but am racking my brain because I saw more of these the other day and can't remember where. Maybe Jerry's?

Lucy Chen said...

She is the same one as the one in your button picture on the side, isn't she? The one with a hat?

hoshikogen said...

i am in love with your impressionistic style. i don't know about other people, but i would be extremely excited to see some kind of youtube video of you doing a painting. i've watched loads an i haven't found any tutorials on painting this style... :)

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.