Monday, March 4, 2013

On My Easel - beginning an oil pastel drawing/painting

 
I did this a few minutes ago and then decided to give it a rest - maybe tackle it tomorrow - and give it some more thought.  Many, many things to change and improve, but I feel it's off to a good start.  Am using Sennelier oil pastel paper, which I rubbed with a very light gray chalk before beginning.  It took the "edge" off the white paper, which can be intimidating, I think.  Thanks for visiting!  (PS  I know you think I never finish anything and only show things on this blog that are in early stages.  Well, I do, actually, because it's fun to show how they progress, but I promise to be better about publishing the endings as well as the beginnings.)

2 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

I love the start of this painting.....nice color. I understand the white!

Connie said...

Thank you, Patricia!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.