Friday, September 20, 2013

Old Fashioned Sketch - original oil pastel figurative sketch

This was an experiment in creating something - anything - from shapes that I'd scribbled in with my black oil pastel.  The paper is guerilla painter carton - wonderful stuff!  Then I tried to make a picture with the blobs on the paper.  And what emerged was this imperfect old-timey looking sketch.  Will just leave as is, without more finishing.  I just know I took photos of the progress so I'd know how it started and then could share with you.  Do y'all ever do this - just scribble in something without having the least idea where you're headed?  Well, actually, I guess I do that every time I pick up an oil pastel or a brush, but this was an extreme case.  Anyway, fun to try.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...