Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Starting on Cafe - oil pastel work in progress

I know - it's dark, you have to squint to make anything out, who knows what's really going on.  Well, I feel I've neglected my oil pastel blog, although I've been working a LOT in oil pastel.  So, I just thought, well, heck, I'll show something - no matter how bad - but something.  Am hoping not to make it too light - looking for atmosphere.  Will report back (if I don't tear it up).  It's big, BTW, one whole sheet of Colourfix paper.  Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

I like it and I wouldn't lighten it up much as I like the mystery.

Connie said...

Hi Patricia - I know you are totally right, so I will try and control myself - thanks so much for the help - I appreciate it!

Lucy Chen said...

Show more, Connie! LOVE your oil pastels!

Connie said...

Hi Lucy - when I get the nerve to get back into this one, I will definitely show more of it. Thanks for stopping by!

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...