Friday, November 22, 2013

Work in Progress - Singer - oil pastel figurative

I don't know what it is about singers.  Maybe I wish I could sing - which I can't, so every now and then, I paint a singer.  The paper I'm using here is Sennelier oil pastel paper.  I can never decide whether to completely cover all the white bits (which is quite a job, I can tell you) or let it just work however it does.  Probably, I'll try a little of both.  But whatever the approach, this paper is luscious for oil pastel and brings out the best in at least, my Senneliers.  I'm waiting on an order of Caran d'Ache which I purchased mainly to use on the carton paper and since I haven't used Caran d'Ache in a long time, I'm not sure how it will be on the Sennelier paper.  A little experiment.  As all art is, I think.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

Last Cup Of Coffee said...

she's beautiful!

Connie said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, Myra - I appreciate it!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.