Thursday, May 22, 2014

Flamenco Sketch - original oil pastel figurative sketch

I cannot believe I haven't posted on this blog for such a long time!  Let me see, now, do I have an excuse?  Not really.  There have been many oil pastel posts on my regular blog, but somehow I just got distracted.  Busy with a lot of things and not very organized, I guess.  This sketch, which I really think I will also do in oil, is on Mi-Teintes board - dark green - a marvelous surface for keeping everything a little loose.  It only accepts a lot of oil pastel in one place if you really work at it, for instance, the face, body, etc., and I think the surface makes line more beautiful.  So you can have the best of both worlds on this board.  All Sennelier - which works well with Mi-Teintes board.  The drawing is about 14 x 8 1/2" - thanks for looking!

4 comments:

myra anderson said...

this is beautiful!

Connie said...

Thank you so much, Myra!

Kami said...

Lovely!!!!!

Floriana Quaini said...

Ciao Connie,
sono molto belli e vivi i tuoi soggetti! Mi piace molto anhe la corposità che ottieni dai pastelli.
Ciao, ciao, Floriana

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.