Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Flute Player - original oil pastel portrait painting

This little painting (5 x 7" on Pastelbord) has been fraught with problems - not the least of which is depicting the instrument and the musician.  I love flute music and plan to do more flute players - flutist, flautist - because they are a challenge.  The green on the right is a little more yellowish than in reality, so I will probably repost the photo, but not now, since it's so late.   Stay tuned for the sgrafitto I'm working on.  Very time-consuming, but fun.  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

carla oliveira santos said...

Beautiful! Looking forward to your updates.

Connie said...

Thank you, Carla!

Sheri Cooper said...

Connie,

I think she is stunning. is this piece for sale by any chance?

Connie said...

Hi Sheri - thank you! And it is for sale - just email me at chadwell.arts@yahoo.com.

Working on a Portrait - oil pastel WIP

Here's another one that's not quite finished, although a lot closer to the finish that the one on my   Daily Painter blog .   I&#...