Friday, May 1, 2015

Tiny Tango - original oil pastel figurative painting ACEO

I love working on Art Spectrum Colourfix pastel paper and the ATC/ACEO size is so cute with the white untextured paper around the edges.  It gives such a neat appearance, I think.  Of course, the colored working area is wonderfully gritty - not too much, just enough for me - and a delight to work on.  Using unsharpened oil pastels - in this case, Caran d'Ache, since they aren't as gooey as Senneliers - lends a looser appearance.  I mean, it's impossible to show much detail with rounded oil pastel sticks in such a small area.  This painting is 3 1/2 x 2 1/2".  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...