Thursday, October 1, 2015

Another WIP - Girl in Black Dress - oil pastel portrait

I love this one, somehow - although the model is far away and I'm trying to remember her expression, pose and just the general feeling at the time.  She may end up being someone else altogether, but I guess that's part of the fun.  There is lots of work to accomplish here, which I'll do in the next few days.  This piece is on Multimedia board, using Sennelier oil pastels.  I find this board easy for using a "smearing" technique, which is great for smoothing out the background and I plan to buy more of this board - I really recommend this for oil pastelists.  I bought it at Jerry's Artarama. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Working on a Portrait - oil pastel WIP

Here's another one that's not quite finished, although a lot closer to the finish that the one on my   Daily Painter blog .   I&#...