Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Dressing for Odile - original oil pastel figurative sketch

I'm sort of fascinated with what goes on behind the scenes of beautiful opera, ballet and music productions - so much preparation and training, along with the talent.  This 7 x 5" sketch is possibly the beginning of an investigation of these moments.  I'm so happy with the woman doing the fitting - very little is said - a favorite look for me.  I used sand colored Ampersand Pastelbord along with Sennelier oil pastels.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jane said...

This is excellent, without many details or words a story is told, well done !

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Jane - thank you so much!

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...