Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Color Notes - work in progress

This painting - 10 x 8" on Pastelbord is nowhere near being finished, but I just wanted you to see all the colors - greens, blues, pinks, etc.  So much fun to do - just hope I don't mess it up.  Actually, I think it's harder to overwork an oil pastel than say, an oil, or soft pastel - and watercolor, oh my, don't even want to think about that!  I almost have to be restrained to keep from overworking watercolor.  It's just in my DNA.  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Yes, this has lovely color as do most of your portraits and figure work. Love the cool shadows.

Pat

Simona Palosan said...

I hope one day i will be able to work in this wonderful medium, you made it!
Thank you for sharing!

Simona Palosan said...

I hope one day i will be able to work in this wonderful medium, you made it!
Thanks for sharing!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Simona - thank you so much for visiting my blog - truly it isn't difficult at all to work in oil pastel and it's so much fun! I hope you will try it!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Patricia - great seeing you here!

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...