Friday, May 6, 2016

WIP - portrait of Jamie

The model's hair was down - I kind of wish it had been up - the way I have it now looks like a wig, but that will change - tomorrow, I hope.  She was holding her hands against her chest, which will be a challenge to do justice to - such an ethereal pose.  I'm drawing this from a sketch done at a drawing group. It's on Pastelbord, 10 x 8".  While drawing her, I made notes about the colors, but looking at it as I write, I'll probably change some things about it.  Artist's prerogative, and all that.  Don't I just sound dissatisfied?  Or maybe just grouchy!  But looking at my work done from this model - and she was so beautiful - makes me want to do a much better job.  That's what keeps us all going, I guess!  Thanks for stopping by!  PS - how is oil pastel working out for all of you?  Would love to hear!

6 comments:

Paintings by Patricia said...

Great start....your portraits are so full of color and life.

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you so much - very encouraging!

Linda said...

Beautiful! You have a great talent and lovely blog.

Tony Montano said...

Very nice work and blog

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Linda - I really appreciate your nice comment! Glad you stopped by!

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Tony and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.