Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Silver Locket - original oil pastel portrait sketch

I was most interested in her jacket not being centered.  Crazy?  Probably.  Anyway, I didn't give it a ton of thought while drawing and I'm sure it could be improved with a lot of work, but it could also be killed, which is sort of a specialty of mine when I spend too much time on something.  Anyway, I adored her silver locket.  This drawing is on 12 x 9" Strathmore 403 paper, which has that barrier against the oil in oil pastels - or that's what I heard years ago - and while you might be able to see an outline of the drawing on the other side, it doesn't leak through.  I really love that paper and it stands up to Sennelier, which is very gooey.  I've spent the afternoon rummaging through all my drawing papers, looking for a dark paper that would be good for a portrait drawing.  I could probably go 50 miles to the art store and buy some, but I just know that if I go to all that trouble and expense, the portrait will be a disaster!  Guess I'll just work on my black Stonehenge.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.