Saturday, September 17, 2016

On My Easel - Horse and Rider - original oil pastel figurative drawing

Starting to work a little on horses,  I sketched this cowboy on his horse.  I drew it on cartón paper from Judson's.  Although I've never tried it, this paper is supposedly a good surface for painting with oils.  I do know that it's a great surface for oil pastels!  I may finish this drawing over the weekend, but on the other hand, I might just leave it alone and work on something else while I think of where to go with this one.  I mean - do I finish it or leave it as is.  I'm thinking "leave it".

But please do give the cartón paper a try and let me know what you think.

I'm having such fun typing the accent - option e, then o - you'll notice I could have said "this" paper, instead of "cartón" paper, but I didn't.  I went ahead and said "cartón". 😊

No comments:

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.