Sunday, April 16, 2017

Blue Wallpaper - original oil pastel figurative

Just a doodle from an earlier drawing while I tried out a panel that's made for other than pastels. It works okay, but nothing at all like Pastelbord, Sennelier oil pastel paper, or Art Spectrum Colourfix.  They are top-notch and I'm really spoiled - nothing else even comes close.  As I've said many times, Strathmore Pastel 403 used to be for oil pastel - it was a barrier paper and really wonderful, but it's no longer good for oil pastel.  Canvas has just never worked for me for oil pastel, although I know others use it.   I ordered some Colourfix boards and can't wait to get them - will report on this support as soon as I've had a chance to try it.  If you have experience with any of these, I would love to hear from you!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...