Thursday, April 27, 2017

Working on a Portrait - oil pastel WIP

Here's another one that's not quite finished, although a lot closer to the finish that the one on my
 Daily Painter blog.   I've discovered Art Spectrum's Colourfix board and I really really love it!  In addition to being a wonderful surface, it's very convenient for framing.  I even was able to use some Holbein over Sennelier, which I can't do very often since Sennelier is so creamy.  Am thinking maybe that's because there was enough tooth left.  A thought, anyway.  She (the model) looks kind of harsh, so I'm going to try and soften her up.  Since I don't have her to draw from, I'm on my own.  Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Guest Artist at The Oil Pastel Review, Bethany Gladkowski

I'm really delighted that Bethany Gladkowski is the Guest Artist here at the Oil Pastel Review!   Here are some examples of her oil past...